Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
A Tax Supervisor is responsible for the completion of more complex engagements, directing staff on engagements, and effectively coordinating with other supervisors and managers. In this role, the Tax Supervisor should be able to demonstrate the ability to inspire dedication, efficiency, cooperation and resourcefulness of staff as well as maintain strong business relations with the clients that he/she serves.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred
- 2-5 years of Public Accounting Experience
- 1 year prior team lead/supervisory experience preferred
- CPA certification required
- Experience in tax compliance process software including CS Professional Suite, or comparable programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of effective technical review and guidance
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships