Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
A Tax Senior is responsible for effective organization of information for analysis and documentation and competent preparation of tax returns and projects for review. In this role, the Tax Senior should be able to demonstrate the ability to provide technical leadership on engagements, motivate staff, and provide effective on-the-job training.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of Public Accounting Experience
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams
- CPA preferred
- Experience in tax compliance process software including CS Professional Suite, or comparable programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and peers
- Ability to follow instructions as directed