Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
A Tax Manager is responsible for the execution and management of multiple projects, assisting with tax planning for the clients that he/she serves, maintaining coordination with other supervisor and managers in order to achieve Firm goals, and contributes to and supports the Firm’s training program. In this role, the Tax Manager should provide an atmosphere conducive to the development of competent staff members and understand client operations and respond effectively to client problems beyond the scope of present engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred
- 5+ years of Public Accounting Experience
- 2-5 year prior team lead/supervisory experience preferred
- CPA certification required
- Experience in tax compliance process software including CS Professional Suite, or comparable programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong technical capability
- Well-defined verbal and written communication skills
- Possess people development and delegation skills
- Possess client development/relationship-building skills
- Ability to recognize and follow up on practice development opportunities