Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
A Tax Associate is responsible for utilizing his or her educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by assisting the managers and partners in providing tax services. In this role, the Tax Associate will be charged with utilizing basic research skills and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns and projects for review.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters in Accountancy or other relevant field preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Accounting based internship preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams upon starting employment preferred
- CPA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance