Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and wrap-up stages of an Audit client engagement. May require some in-charge engagement responsibilities. Assurance Supervisor responsibilities will include advising clients on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP / GAAS issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems.
- Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent required
- MBA/MPA degree in Accountancy preferred
- Four (4) or more years prior work experience in public accounting
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
- Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound GAAP and GAAS knowledge;
- Familiarity with SEC and PCAOB reporting rules helpful;
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting;
- Possess executive presence - need to be able to be primary contact for the client, prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients;
- Possess client development/relationship-building skills;
- Possess solid decision-making skills; and
- Able to resolve complex accounting issues.