Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
Assurance Senior will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" to include the preparation of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience in public accounting or four (4) or more years of relevant professional accounting experience working for companies in general industry required.
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience preferred
- CPA preferred or actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of internal accounting controls, generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards;
- Solid understanding and experience in planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company;
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm;
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment;
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions;
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy; and
- Solid project management skills.