Johnson, Miller & Co. is one of the oldest and largest certified public accounting firms in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. For over 70 years, we have provided a full-range of audit, tax, consulting and business valuation services to our individual, business, governmental and not-for-profit clients. You will gain valuable training and skills as you learn from the knowledgeable partners and managers that will prepare you to progress further in your career.
Assurance Associate will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in compilations, reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters in Accountancy or equivalent preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years prior experience in public or private accounting firm
- Accounting based internship beneficial
- Eligible to sit for CPA exams or pursuing plans to complete CPA exam eligibility requirements.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of internal accounting controls, generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards;
- Basic understanding and experience in planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company;
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm;
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment;
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions;
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy; and
- Solid project management skills.